Slideshow

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Get that grill going!

Some people have preferences on how their food is prepared. Some like it fried, boiled, steamed, and etc.

I like it sizzling over an open flame or roasting on a bed of hot charcoal.

When I first tasted Inihaw na Liempo (Grilled Pork Belly) when I was just a little glutton, the taste lingered on my tongue for the longest time. The mixture of greasy meat, smoky linings and charcoal-infused burnt ends were just perfect for my palate.
oh sweet indulgence
Ever since then, I had an affinity for grilled meats and the like. You would always see me in a turo-turo ordering their grilled items especially pork. And my mom will always oblige, because to her, it's a healthier alternative to my usual cravings for deep fried food such as chicken and breaded porkchops.

Also, I'm a big fan of street grilled meats like Isaw (Chicken Intestines), Adidas (Chicken Feet) Tainga (Pig Ears) and Betamax (Blood clumps)

mmmm... b-meggy.....

you can still taste the feeds!

A vampire's pica-pica


There are pros to eating grilled meats such as:
1. The fact that it's cooked over an open flame will rid some of the excess fat building up on the meat itself.
2. It's cheaper to buy charcoal nowadays rather than refilling a 13 lbs. LPG tank
3. It gives off a flavor unlike any fried, steamed or boiled food item, the smoky factor adds to the experience.
4. You can control the rate of done-ness in the food that you are cooking, from rare to well done.

and while there are pros, there are also cons,
1. Cooking over an open flame will result in smoke and unhealthy carbon monoxide gas releases.
2. Grilling is always an outdoor activity, so rainy days are always a grill-blocker.
3. Some burnt sides can trigger carcinogenic properties.

That is why I always take it serious when it comes to grilling. I take extra precaution to prevent any cons from popping up so that I and other people will have an experience unlike any other when I grill their food.

What are you waiting for? Get that grill going!

No comments:

Post a Comment