Slideshow

Monday, May 6, 2013

Mother's day is a-comin'!

Mi mama and me


So, here's my mom and me. The relationship we have may differ from some people because, well, we act like brother and sister to the point we trade blows lovingly. We love each other to bits. Even though we joke and fool around like we just pulled a prank on somebody. But at the end of the day, she's our ever loving Mama.

It wasn't like this before.

In truth, I wasn't the perfect son to begin with.

I grew up with ADHD. Which means, I was all over the place. I was the kid who would run to the altar of the church while mass was going on. I was also the kid who was always found in the customer service of a mall being treated as a lost child, announcing my full name all throughout the mall. Also, during family reunions, being the eldest male in a family full of kids, they would always follow what I do, what I say and do all the shenanigans I did, which to my grandma's expense, often ended up with spanking, shouting and discipline.

I was the kid nobody wanted.

Mom had to resign from her job to take care of me. After an incident at school where I beat up some smaller kid and dragged him on the school bus floor. I was treated to psychological treatment to hinder my ADHD tendencies in which, I had forgotten why I did those things before today.

Now, fully aware of what I did and what my reputation was when I was a little bugger, gave me a whole new sense of what my mom sacrificed just to make sure I grew up as proper and disciplined as possible. She did mention, we could have anything that we wanted then and now when she was still working, but I may be out of school and in a jail cell somewhere if she did.

I love her for that and that may never be enough because between a proper financial security life and a son who's tumbling down a downward spiral, she chose to stand by me.

And now I'm giving back everything. Everything she ever wanted, she ever wished for. Working hard just to see her smile, that smile that gives us the hint that she is happy and everything is all right.

I love you, Mom. It's my turn.

Do something for your mom today! And this coming mother's day, treat her like the queen she is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment